Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Look Who's Talking Now.

Liliana has become a bit more proficient of a talker since my post about her saying "Hi, Dada".  Over the past few weeks she has accumulated 10 different words that she can use proficiently.  They are:

  • Dada
  • Hi
  • Momma
  • More
  • No
  • Bottle (Baba)
  • Book
  • Bean
  • Puff (as in the made for new eaters finger food)
  • Beep (it sounds more like bup but she says it when she beeps noses)
What amazes me most about her mini language explosion is how well she uses more and no.  She indicates she is hungry by saying "more bottle" and when she doesn't want something she says "no".  The other night she didn't want me to feed her a bottle, and she kept saying "No. Dada."  When Ish came downstairs I handed Lily to him.  She took the bottle from him with out complaint.  It is fairly clear to me that she is using her words to have meaningful communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment