Friday, April 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes Vol. 1

1. After months of wanting  and then forgetting to participate in 7 Quick Takes, I have finally put together a post in time.

2.  This sweet picture of Atticus and my niece Charlotte has been sitting on my computer for so long that neither baby looks like this anymore.  They do, however, still find eachother quite fascinating. And for the record, the coordinating bunny outfits were not planned.

3. This picture of Liliana headed off to work has also been sitting on my computer for far too long.  The lace in the hat is perfect for keeping the oversized glasses on her face.

4. Happy birthday Ish!  Today is Ish's birthday.  We did gifts last night because we had a crazy morning planned today, and waiting for tonight would have given the children ample opportunity to ruin the surprises.  The most exciting part of the gifts was that Little Ish decided that Ish needed a Wreck-it Ralph statue (read: action figure) and used his own coins to pay for it.  He was so excited to havechosen and paid for the gift by himself.

5. I made dairy free and soy free chocolate chip cookies the other day.  They recipe replaces butter with coconut oil.  They are delicious and Ish has once again declared that I should never use any other recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  You can find the recipe here.  [NB: not all chocolate chips are dairy and soy free]

6. I had an incredibly successful trip to my favorite thrift store this week.  I found 2 Hanna Andersson dresses and 2 Janie and Jack tops for less than $12 total.  I calculated my savings and it was 92% off of the retail price. 

7.  Little Ish's favorite activity this week is smashing plastic Easter eggs to smithereens.  The egg smashing has been contained to the back porch which now looks like it has been thrown up on by a pastel confetti monster.

Linking up over at Conversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment