Friday, August 8, 2014

7 Quick Takes Vol. 5

-1-
Atticus and I attended the Delaware Big Latch On.  There were 129 babies from 2 weeks to 3years old nursing at the same time.  It was pretty amazing how incredibly silent the room got at the moment they all latched on.  If we are still nursing at this time next year, I plan to attend again.

-2-
Atticus has moved out of his cosleeper and his swaddle wrap.  He now crawls in circles in his sleep before he decides to either sprawl  out on his back or snuggle up by my side.  He now taps me on the shoulder or face to wake me up so he can nurse. I never thought I'd see the day that I actually enjoyed cosleeping, but it is here.

-3-
Ish brought home fresh basil from the garden at his work and instead of doing the obvious and making pesto, I made basil chocolate chip ice cream.  It is so good and since the kids are weirded out by it, I will get to enjoy more of it.

-4-
Little Ish and Lily have been on flights of the imagination all week.  The most often played game is Money Shop, but my favorite to overhear them playing is Christmas Eve.

-5-
Atticus had his 6 month well baby  visit (a month late) this week.  He is perfectly healthy and growing well!  Can I take a pause and celebrate 7 months of exclusively breastfeeding not accompanied by a failure to thrive diagnosis?  Woohoo!  Third time is a charm.

-6-
I signed up as a consignor for my favorite local consignment sale.  We have been needing to purge some stuff, but I've also given myself a tiny budget to help bolster my inventory as well.  I have a couple months to prepare, but I'm already getting super excited.

-7-
I am slowly working through The Right to Write by Julia Cameron.  It's been a pleasant yet challenging experience.  I am hoping it will help me get back into the swing of writing again.  I feel wildly out of practice, and my anxiety surrounding putting my writing out into the world has been crippling for the past couple of years.  Maybe over the next few weeks I'll actually manage to post something with substantial content (not just pictures of my kids being cute).

Linking up over at Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment