Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Better Late Than Never



Once again I won't be writing much along with my weekly menu plan.  Atticus started yesterday off with a fever and this morning it morphed into a stomach bug.  So I am just stealing a quick moment while he naps to post my menu for the week.  Also, if you could spare a prayer for the little guy that he feels better soon, I would very much appreciate it.

Monday: Chicken and biscuits with green beans.  I had some leftover buttermilk from the cake and the chicken last week and it was exactly the one cup needed to make these biscuits.  Ish used the fried chicken gravy recipe from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook for the gravy. It was a delicious and satisfying meal.

Tuesday: Irish rice

Wednesday: Chicken curry over squoodles (otherwise known as spaghetti squash)

Thursday: Steak, baked potatoes, and zucchini from the garden.

Friday: Family wedding.

Saturday: Dinner with friends

Sunday: Pizza

Linking up with Simcha!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's not really Irish. My father's family has a dish they call Irish spaghetti that is sauteed ground beef, onion, and diced tomatoes mixed with a pound of thin spaghetti. When I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter, my husband suggested we start making it with brown rice instead. It was better than the spaghetti version and all 5 of us eat it and enjoy it so it is a menu plan staple. :-)

      Delete