Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Daybook for 03/09/2010




FOR TODAY
(03.09.2010)
Outside my window...the birds are chirping and the squirrels are skittering about. It is a beautifully sunny 60 degree day.

I am thinking...that I need to do my Reading Workshop readings for tomorrow evenings meeting.

I am thankful for...my mother who answers some of my weirder pregnancy questions without making me feel like I am crazy.

From the kitchen...there are the remains of a delicious lunch. I have been craving a deli turkey sandwich for a few weeks, but I didn't want all the nitrites and nitrates that deli meat is teeming with. Since I was 40 dollars under budget with this weeks grocery shopping, I went to the local food co-op after my swim today and splurged on some organic turkey. They had some organic potato bread on sale for half-price and tomatoes equivalently priced to the non-organic ones at the super market. All of that plus a few other things I had been meaning to pick up still has me under budget for the week by 26 dollars.

I am wearing...A green short-sleeved maternity dress, a pair of charcoal grey maternity leggings, and a pair of flip-flops.

I am creating...the same thing as last week (and the week before)--a baby blanket.

I am going...nowhere else today unless I decide to take another walk.

I am reading...so many books.

I am hoping...to bake some banana bread for my sister-in-law tonight.

I am hearing...birds chirping outside, Ish shuffling through the papers he is grading, and voices of passersby.

Around the house...there is laundry to be done.

One of my favorite things...is the feeling of sunshine on my face.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Reading Workshop tomorrow, a swim on Thursday, and then I have no other plans until Mass on Sunday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
April 2006, University of Delaware

For more daybooks, join Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments:

Post a Comment