Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 40 weeks and 4 days

So yesterday I had a false alarm.  I thought my water broke but really I just have an infection that can simulate your water breaking pretty well.  After a morning of keeping track of contractions,  I went in for an appointment at The Birth Center.  Here is an update:

-The baby is still head down, but is currently sunny-side up.  Since that makes labor longer and harder, the midwives want me spending a lot of time on my hands and knees so that gravity can help flip the Diplomat.  Last night I spent a good amount of time leaning on a birth ball and reading. 

-My contractions are pretty consistently 9 minutes apart, but I can only feel the really long ones. I can't say I mind. 

- I am 2 centimeters dilated.  As Mom says, that is 2 centimeters that I don't need to worry about when I am in labor.

-I have three prenatal appointments set up for next week.  Hopefully I won't need all three!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I am getting very excited for you! I hope you don't need all three of those appointments either. You're in my prayers!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete