Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Blanket for Baby

















Now that I am 22+ weeks pregnant, it is definitely past time to start knitting a few things for the Professor (baby's in utero nickname).  I decided on knitting the Pine Forest Baby Blanket well over a month ago, but I had another project I wanted to finish before I started in on this one.  I cast on yesterday morning and have the top border and first 4 lace repeats completed.  You will notice from the pictures that I did not opt to go with baby colors for this blanket.  After looking at various photos of this pattern on ravelry, I decided that the lace looks far more attractive in darker colors.  For yarn, I decided I wanted to use madelinetosh tosh vintage, but I couldn't for the life of me decide on which color.  In the end, I let Ish choose the color (esoteric), and I couldn't be happier with his choice. 

As for reading, I am still plugging away at and enjoying The Universal Sense

For more books and fiber, join Ginny for her Yarn Along

1 comment:

  1. I thought that yarn was Tosh when I saw the picture! I really love her yarns for baby knitting; I knit my first baby's blanket from Tosh DK. :) Really love the color!

    ReplyDelete