Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Zélie--The First 6 Weeks

























Just a few quick notes:

Zélie reached the 6 week mark on Friday, and it is honestly difficult to believe it has been 6 weeks already.  On the other hand, it feels like she has been a part of the family forever.  The kids love her.  She and Atticus are especially good buddies; I think this can in part be owed to them nursing together--as my friend said, "they are breast friends".  Tandem nursing continues to go well (Sylvia, I promise to write about it more in depth soon!)  Zélie has a pretty sweet easy-going personality, but like Lily and Atticus, she is plagued by reflux.  Medication has helped a lot, but since she is growing so fast, it is easy for her to outgrow her dose which turns her into a miserable baby. 

You may have noticed the dearth of photos with me and Zélie together.  Most of the photos I have of the two of us together are from the hour after her birth (thanks to my amazing doula Melissa who doubled as the post-birth photographer!) or they are of me tandem nursing on the day Zélie and Atticus first met.  Due to the lack of clothing, I am keeping these photos, as beautiful and cherished as they are, off of the blog. 

2 comments:

  1. That photo of Zélie crying, Lily laughing...I love those moments! That really reminds me of my little girls. The crying really doesn't fluster a 4 year old, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really doesn't. She seems to realize that sometimes babies just cry.

      Delete