Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Confession and A Request

Sometimes one of the hardest things to do in life is to be honest with yourself. I find that this is often the case with my prayer life. I have a difficult time saying to myself, "Siné, you aren't spending enough time with God. You're not holding up your end of the relationship." In the times when I am honest with myself about my prayer life and the fact that it is in shambles, I create a ridiculously strict prayer regimen that usually ends up failing within a couple of days.

My current prayer life needs some major renovations, and I am trying to resist the urge to set myself up for failure by designing a superhuman prayer directive. Instead, I am making two realistic daily prayer goals. Seeing as it is May, the month dedicated to our Blessed Mother, I have made it my goal to pray the 7 Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary each day. I also will be praying a daily Rosary.

I ask you now for your prayerful support as I begin my journey back to a more fruitful prayer life. Also, if you have any intentions that you would like me to offer up in prayer, please leave a comment or e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment