Friday, May 1, 2015

7 Quick Takes Vol.7

-1-
Atticus is starting to get jealous anytime I hug Ish or the kids. The other night I was hugging Ish and he went from perfectly content to upset and demanding to nurse in half a second flat.  There has been a major  improvement in how he asks to nurse.  He no longer yells "boob!" at the top of his lungs.  He now says, "seesees" (nursies) or "na-na".  He has mostly stopped attempting to rip my shirt off as a manner of asking as well.

-2-


This is one of those photos that, technically speaking, I am less than content with, but every single time I look at it I laugh.  I was hoping to capture her catch the ball, but it didn't quite work.  No Lilianas were hurt in the taking of this photo.

-3-

There was however an Atticus hurt during the taking of this photo.  I was working on using leading lines for the photo course I am taking right now.  I had the shot set up exactly as I wanted it, and just as I went to snap the photo Atticus fell and scraped up his hands.  Poor little man!

-4-
I have a new food love.  I recently discovered Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Honey Mints.  They are the real food equivalent of York Peppermint Patties.  They have only 3 ingredients-- chocolate, honey and peppermint.  They are dangerously delicious.

-5-
I have been trying to write more recently and have come to the realization that I am really rusty.  Trying to get words out the way I want them to has become almost painful.  I fear my writing muscle has atrophied. 

-6-

So I have a little parenting strategy to share.  When I am having a bad day and getting easily frustrated with a child, I go and look at their baby pictures.  It helps me to remember how sweet and young the child actually is.  It refocuses me and helps me to be more patient and loving.    It also is fun to rediscover cute photos.  This one of Little Ish is from nearly 4 years ago.

-7-

And here is one from 3 years ago before we knew that Lily would have red hair.


To join in 7 Quick Takes, head over to This Ain't The Lyceum.

4 comments:

  1. So that is a really brilliant strategy! I keep catching myself lately forgetting that my four year old is, in reality, just four years old. I should pull out the baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a second part to that strategy. If you invoke it while the frustrating kiddo is around, they often stop to come check out their baby photos instead of making mischief. In the case of my 4 yearold it also means an increasingly rare cuddle fest.

      Delete
  2. #1 -- I'm in the same boat.

    Love the photos of the kiddos! :-)

    ReplyDelete