Sunday, January 8, 2017

Project 365 Week 1

This year I have decided to take on a project 365 for my personal photography.  My small photography business has picked up steam, and I have found myself failing to capture as many photos of my family when I am busy capturing memories for other families.  My hope is that by picking up my camera each day this year I will be able to capture more of those daily life moments.  Despite succumbing to a stomach bug this past week, I still managed to pick up my camera every day.

01/01/17
I feel like this is the perfect photo to start off my project since it captures a moment that is so much a part of family life for us.  My father-in-law makes pizza for his children and grandchildren on Sunday afternoons.  He often asks the grandchildren, "Why do I make you pizza?" and each of them knows the answer from a very young age is, "because you love me."

01/02/2017
Happy 3rd birthday, Atticus!  He insisted that he did not want a cake for his birthday dessert, so here is Atticus blowing out his candles stuck into his preferred dessert-- a double stuffed oreo cookie.  


01/03/2017
Zélie seems to be able to make objects that she shouldn't be playing with appear out of nowhere.  As I was about to take her photo, she pulled this paper towel out of thin air.


01/04/2017
This is Atticus dressed as a human.  He has recently taken to playing dress up a lot, and dressing a a human involves putting a large scarf over his head and topping it with a viking helmet.  Although I captured several photos of him dressed this way, I really enjoy this photo because he looked so satisfied with his ability to imagine and execute his idea for a costume.


01/05/2017
Ish is such a capable father and husband.  I am so blessed that he was able to both take care of me and hold down the fort while I succumbed to a stomach bug this week. Here Zélie and Ish share some snuggles.


01/06/2017
This sweet girl is all smiles.  She has been teething pretty consistently for awhile and now has six teeth.


01/07/2017
Lily's fashion choices give my spirits quite a boost.  She wore her sunglasses and hat for our entire library visit this week. As you can see, she put her hat on before the sunglasses. 

1 comment: