Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The little things...

My mom and I have been talking a lot lately about the many little things that we use each day, such as sugar bowls and face cloths, and about how these little things are less mundane if we find ones that bring smiles to our faces. Mostly we have talked about this in relation to my grandmother who seems to really need some spots of sunshine in her home. My mom and I are currently on the lookout to replace the impractically huge and rather ugly drug company marketing freebie that she is currently using. I was put on the mission because my taste is more like my grandmother's taste than my mom's is; I am, after all, the old fashioned one.

Anyway, with all of this talk of little things making us smile, I have put myself on a mission of sorts. I am currently using my love of all things crafty,especially knitting, to create some spots of sunshine for other people. With that said, hopefully I will be posting some of these creative endeavors here on my blog. Since some of my recipients are also readers of this blog, I will be making sure that I don't post those projects until after I have been assured that the package has been received.

Let me know if you are interested in joining me on my mission by blessing those you love with a little sunshine. I'd love to see what you are creating to bring forth a smile!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see what you're creating! The only thing I've worked on lately is cards and some skirts for my girls.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete