Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed in!

Anyone who has known me for long enough eventually learns that I do not like snow. I think it is a result of growing up in New England. I have been griping about the snow since the age of 11 or 12; I really just don't enjoy the combination of being both cold and wet. I really thought moving further South would help me beat the snowy winter blues. Not so! This year Delaware has seen two large snow storms (the 1st was 17 inches of snow and the one we are in the middle of has hit my town with about 22 inches or more!)

One might think that being under 22 inches of snow would make me irratable or at least mildly annoyed. Again, not so! I am, for perhaps the first time since I was in elementary school, enjoying the snow. It looks absolutely beautiful outside, and I have absolutely no place to go or worry about going. Yesterday, Ish and I stocked up on DVDs at the library so we have plenty of movies to watch. I have started working on the sweetest baby blanket for Ish's sister's 2nd child, and I am loving both the yarn and the pattern. Today has been so incredibly relaxing, and because we live in an apartment complex the only shoveling to be done is to clear off the car. Life is so very sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's the way to be snowed in! It sounds wonderful!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete