Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Sweater, a Shawl, and More Fermentation







































This week has been productive in terms of knitting.  I am 99% finished with the Baby Surprise Jacket.  I just need to finish weaving in the ends and to sew on some buttons.  Just a word of advice, if you find something you really like on etsy, don't pin it on pinterest; it's almost a guarantee that someone will buy it before you do.  This is what happened with the buttons I was hoping to get for this sweater (and on several other occasions); I think I have finally learned my lesson.


This morning I started working on my next project.  I am knitting a Lacie Prairie Shawl.  I wanted a warm and practical shawl and this pattern definitely fits the bill.  Lets hope I finish it before all of the cooler days of early spring have passed.  It'd be a shame to have to wait until autumn to try it out.

Reading wise, I am still reading and enjoying The Art of Fermentation.  I am getting more and more excited about fermentation.  I just need to figure out what I want to ferment; I am drawn to the idea of pickling lemons so perhaps that is where I will start.

Want to read about what other people are knitting and reading?  Join Ginny over at Small Things for her weekly Yarn Along!

3 comments:

  1. fermenting things still scares me and I've made a few jars of pickled beets and a turnip radish medley. in doing so I've decided I don't like pickled things unless they are pickles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, have you made kefir? That is fermentation too but with out the pickles!

      Delete
  2. I own Wild Fermentation by the same author and just love it! Sometimes my kitchen looks like a science lab more than a kitchen thanks to all of the things fermenting- things like sauerkraut, kombucha, ginger beer, and kimchi. But we love it! Sorry the buttons were sold before you could get them. I'll remember that the next time I go and pin something. :)

    ReplyDelete