Monday, January 25, 2010

Daybook for 01/25/2010


FOR TODAY
(01.25.2010)...

Outside my window...It is a very grey and rainy day. As much as I don't enjoy this type of weather, I remind myself that if I were still living in Massachusetts, this rain would probably be snow.

I am thinking...about the week ahead.

I am thankful for...the wonderful Saturday evening that Ish & I spent with some very dear friends.

From the kitchen...I foresee a day of on-the-fly meals.

I am wearing...a whole lot of Ish's clothing. My baby-bump has made my own pajamas quite uncomfortable so Ish is graciously lending me a pair of sweatpants and the softest shirt I've ever worn.

I am creating...a few simple cotton wash cloths for my mother. I also hope to start creating a birthday gift for my niece.

I am going...to a prenatal appointment today. I am almost halfway through my 1st pregnancy.

I am reading...The Book Thief; it is a sad but well written.

I am hoping...to make an appointment for an ultrasound on Friday. I can't wait to see The Diplomat now that (s)he doesn't have so much in common with a russet potato.

I am hearing...the sounds of an empty home. Ish is at work, and my upstairs neighbors are surprisingly silent.

Around the house...there is a lot of tidying up to do.

One of my favorite things...Feeling The Diplomat kicking and squirming inside me. It is an odd but wonderful feeling.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Aside from my prenatal appointment and a probable ultra-sound at the end of the week, this week will involve a lot of time at home catching up on housework, knitting, and reading. On Saturday, a dear friend is holding a birthday celebration; it promises to be a festive occasion filled with prayer, friends, and his wife's incredible cooking.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

















A visual reminder that spring will be here before I know it.


For more Daybooks, join Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

5 comments:

  1. I loved feeling my babies squirm inside - it was something I mourned when we realized no more pregnancies. Hope your ultrasound goes well.

    Saw your blog (great name by the way) on the Simple Woman blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your daybook. This is such a special time for you and your husband as you await the birth of your first child.
    Spring will arrive soon, too bad it is followed by a hot, humid summer.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being half way through your first pregnancy! Thanks for sharing about your day.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baby bumps. I'm glad women are not trying to hide them now with loose clothes. I hope your appointment goes well. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby movement is the best! I have heard of The Book Thief. I will have to see if I can find it to read it.

    Your photo is beautiful! I'm looking forward to spring too!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete