Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 1/18-1/24

Something that I have been trying to do since getting married (6 months ago today!) is to plan weekly menus. I will be the first to admit that I did beyond awful at this task during my first trimester of pregnancy. Now that I am a month into my second trimester, I am finally getting back into the swing of things.

Breakfast Options:
Cereal
Oatmeal
Eggs

Lunches:
Refrigerator salad bar! (This is something new we are trying. Look for a more detailed post at a later date.)

Dinners:
Monday: Fending for myself. Ish has a D&D game tonight.

Tuesday: Pasta Salad (Ish @ work)

Wednesday: Boca Burgers, Baked Beans, and Salad

Thursday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, and Pepper Sticks (Ish @ Work)

Friday: Pasta with Homemade Dairy-Free Pesto, Red Sauce, Garlic Bread, and Salad

Saturday: Saturday Night Stirfry compliments of Ish!

Sunday: Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with Grape Tomatoes, Carrot Sticks, and Apple Slices


For more menu plans visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie !

6 comments:

  1. What receipe are you using for your chicken salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am not a fan of mayo (and it is Ish's kryptonite), I use part Miracle Whip and part Annie's Goddess Dressing (just enough to make the chicken stick together). I then add chopped craisins, celery,and walnuts. I kind of just do it by feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, your menu plan sounds delicious too! Pesto is so good!! I have to confess that I cheat on the jerk salmon. I use bottled jerk sauce (President's Choice brand) that I buy in our local grocery store. It's really spicy, but only our youngest complains :o).

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a black bean dip that I've used for years that I was planning to "play" with this weekend since we are "cooking from the pantry." I'll post what I come up with! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh the Alfredo mac sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you were planning on eating spicy! Glad to know you'll wait a bit :o)!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete