Thursday, January 21, 2010

Powerless

I woke up this morning around 5:15; despite being exhausted, I was wide awake. When I came out to the kitchen to check the time, the power surged a few times making some horrifying screeching noises. I went to get my husband and startled the heck out of him (Oops! Sorry Ish!). I wanted to make sure he was able to shut down all his computer stuff. After the couple of surges, the power went out completely.

We both tried to get back to sleep, but until the power returned my chances of rest were robbed by worries of what would happen to all the food in the freezer if the power didn't come back soon. About 45 minutes to an hour after the outage, I heard our heat come on; we had power!

It still took me another hour to get back to sleep; sometimes pregnancy hormones and sleep just don't mix well. My dear, sweet husband let me sleep in this morning, only waking me to gently inform me he was leaving for work and that he loved me.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering the food in the freezer is a-okay!

1 comment:

  1. Power outages here are quite common and in the 12 years we've been in this house, we have thankfully never had any food in the freezer go bad. We did have to quickly eat some melting ice cream treats once though :o)!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete